Full-Time Design Director
Are you NutritionFacts.org’s next Design Director?
The NutritionFacts.org Design Director is responsible for organizing and executing design projects, prioritizing creative requests, and helping the organization reach its strategic goals through creative thinking, artistic ability, and problem-solving.
The Design Director conceptualizes and maintains NutritionFacts.org’s branding guidelines. Specific responsibilities include: designing and creating graphics to meet the organization’s promotional needs for our videos, websites, books, cookbooks, various social media platforms, digital display networks, email marketing efforts, and other items.
Along with the graphic design, this position also oversees and coordinates the production of our video content.
The Design Director has the possibility of collaborating with our Chief Technology Officer on website layouts, but will not work directly on UX. Similarly, the Design Director will work closely with the Director of Nutrition and Social Media Strategy and Digital Outreach Director, but won’t be working directly on social media strategy.
The ideal Design Director thinks creatively to develop new and engaging graphics, while promoting and affirming the NutritionFacts.org brand, and must be able to coordinate effectively with different teams, determine and follow through on deadlines, react quickly to unexpected and time-sensitive projects, and keep track of and follow up on multiple iterations of simultaneous design projects.
The Design Director:
- Collaboratively develops, manages, and delivers creative campaigns, such as:
- End-of-year fundraising
- Book launches and promotion
- Ads to promote specific materials/resources
- Creates designs, concepts, infographics, and layouts for use on NutritionFacts.org’s various websites and social media platforms, such as:
- Templates for recurring social media content
- Video thumbnails
- Social media banners and profile images
- Possible food and merchandise photography, as needed
- Develops designs for products, such as:
- Cover art for video content downloads
- T-shirts, mugs, totes, and other merchandise
- Donor-only rewards
- Sources and manages creative contractors to help produce assets for larger efforts, such as:
- Video production for major events and live presentations
- Photo shoots for new resources and books
- Oversees the video content production process, helping to schedule and collaborate with our external video team
- Creates and designs layout for NutritionFacts.org educational literature
- Works with other departments to set production schedules and deadlines for design projects
- Manages files and creative assets using both traditional file storage and a digital asset management system
- Engages with and oversees volunteers and/or interns when available
- Thinks creatively to develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts to help achieve NutritionFacts.org’s strategic goals
Please apply if you:
- Have exceptional knowledge of software and technologies (such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Asana or similar PM tool)
- Can stick to fast-moving and short deadlines
- Have the ability to prioritize and organize projects across multiple programs
- Have experience managing design projects with a large number of deliverables
- Can think creatively to develop new design strategies and styles while retaining organization branding
- Love collaborating and helping teammates achieve their specific goals
- Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have a proven track record of prioritizing and organizing diverse projects, either in an agency or non-profit setting
- Are interested in the flexibility of remote work
NutritionFacts.org is not able to sponsor work visa applications, so applicants for full-time staff positions have to be U.S. citizens or otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States.
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
If you haven’t finished your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.