Blood arsenic levels may be an accurate indicator of seafood intake.
Fish Intake Biomarker
Check out these videos for more on toxic pollutants and fish:
Diet and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Fish and Diabetes
ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease): Fishing for Answers
How Long to Detox From Fish Before Pregnancy?
Also check out my sequel video on biomarkers for fish intake: Hair Testing for Mercury.
For more context, see my associated blog post: Mercury Testing Recommended Before Pregnancy.
Update: I did a deep-dive into the arsenic issue in summer 2017. Here are the 13 videos in that series:
- Where Does the Arsenic in Chicken Come From?
- Where Does the Arsenic in Rice, Mushrooms, & Wine Come From?
- The Effects of Too Much Arsenic in the Diet
- Cancer Risk from Arsenic in Rice & Seaweed
- Which Rice Has Less Arsenic: Black, Brown, Red, White, or Wild?
- Which Brands & Sources of Rice Have the Least Arsenic?
- How to Cook Rice to Lower Arsenic Levels
- Arsenic in Infant Rice Cereal
- Arsenic in Rice Milk, Rice Krispies, & Brown Rice Syrup
- How Risky is the Arsenic in Rice?
- How Much Arsenic in Rice is Too Much?
- Is White Rice a Yellow-Light or Red-Light Food?
- Do the Pros of Brown Rice Outweigh the Cons of Arsenic?
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here. Read our important information about translations here.