Work With Us: Employment Opportunities
Interested in dedicating yourself to advancing a lifesaving cause? If none of the current positions are open or applicable, make sure you’re subscribed to get any new employment announcements.
Swift Developer (Contract Position)
NutritionFacts.org is looking for an experienced Swift Developer to extend and maintain our Daily Dozen iOS app with new functionality for the upcoming release of Dr. Greger’s new book, How Not to Diet. The position is a full-time contract position.
The Daily Dozen codebase is open source so our community can further contribute to the development of the application on Github.
NutritionFacts.org is a completely remote non-profit whose mission is to improve public health by providing the latest in evidence-based nutrition and health research in an accessible format to enable the public to make informed dietary choices. The founder and Chief Science Officer of NutritionFacts.org, Dr. Michael Greger, is a founding member and Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. His recent book, How Not to Die, became an instant New York Times bestseller. He subsequently released a follow-up cookbook and is currently working on his next book—How Not to Diet.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal Swift Developer candidate is passionate about evidence-based nutrition and has experience with developing successful iOS applications.
- Plans, designs, and implements new functionality for the Daily Dozen iOS application
- Monitors the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the Daily Dozen iOS application
- Works with our Android Developer to synchronize functionality between the two Daily Dozen applications
- Identifies and fixes process bottlenecks
- Fixes bugs and suggests improvements
- At least 3+ years of Objective-C or Swift development experience (Strong proficiency in Swift is preferred)
- Knowledge of performance limits and characteristics
- Experience with embedded databases
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Strong understanding of UI design and a user-oriented focus
- Background in SOLID design principles and object-oriented programming
- Superior written and verbal communication with the ability to formulate and articulate strategy and effectively drive consensus across the organization
- Knowledge of current trends
- Exercises independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks
- Finds opportunities for automation through observation
- Highly motivated with a passion for helping people in need
- Experience working collaboratively with development teams
- Successful track record collaborating across multiple technical and non-technical teams such as Marketing, Media, and Human Resources
Nutritionfacts.org strives to offer competitive nonprofit salaries and health benefits (beyond just the kale health plan :). Unfortunately, NutritionFacts.org is not able to sponsor work visa applications, so applicants for full-time staff positions have to be U.S. citizens or otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States. NutritionFacts.org is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.