Work With Us: Employment Opportunities
Interested in dedicating yourself to advancing a lifesaving cause? If none of the current positions are open or applicable, make sure you’re subscribed to get any new employment announcements.
Digital Marketing Manager
Role and Responsibilities
The Digital Marketing Manager at NutritionFacts.org will be responsible for developing and overseeing our short and long-term digital marketing strategy, including campaigns, keyword research, and bid management using Google AdWords (funded using Google Grants), Facebook, and YouTube. Detailed responsibilities are listed below. This is a part-time remote position, so the ability to maintain a consistent work schedule and ethic while working independently is important.
The Marketing Manager will plan and execute day-to-day marketing tactics to increase website traffic, video views, conversion activity, margins, and incremental ROI. They will be responsible for all strategies, optimizing bids based on campaign goals, and analyzing data to drive improved results.
As NutritionFacts.org is mostly represented as a website, experience with marketing a website, particularly in the lifestyle medicine/health field is preferred. The ideal candidate would also preferably have knowledge of Latin American markets and be comfortable working with the Spanish language as they will work closely with our Spanish Program Director to market our Spanish-language NutritionFacts.org site.
The Marketing Manager will report to our Program Director, as part of our Communications Team, and be responsible for working on both our English and Spanish properties, as well as working with additional staff to generate supporting materials to contribute to overall performance goals. This will also include help with optimizing our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, G+, and YouTube) and language used.
- Performs daily campaign management using Google AdWords, YouTube, and Facebook Ad Manager
- Continuously maintains and monitors keyword bids and research
- Uses the latest PPC and SEO strategies to optimize keyword searches to deliver continuously improving results
- Provides analysis and data insights to drive campaign effectiveness and campaign recommendations, executing strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, and display network. Identifies successes, gaps, and deficiencies if/where found.
- Generates reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, and other paid search initiatives
- Prepares and presents regular reports to management, providing performance analysis and an action plan for the following month, as well as ad-hoc reports as needed
- Keeps pace with search engine and PPC industry trends and developments, researches evolving SEM tools, tactics, and strategies, and educates the organization on new opportunities
- Monitors competition to determine winning strategies and opportunities
- (If the Grantspro program returns) Assists in meeting requirements to apply for Google Grantspro
- Minimum of two or more years SEM/PPC experience is required
- Google Adwords certification is strongly preferred
- Google Analytics certification recommended
- Experience with Facebook Ads management is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish writing is strongly preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Apps for Business
- Exceptional verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, drive, proven capability to develop, lead, and implement new initiatives with little supervision or daily instruction on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to be highly self-motivated, prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner, meeting deadlines, and displaying attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working with a collaborative team online while being remote
Media and Events Director
Role and Responsibilities
The Media and Events Director at NutrtionFacts.org is responsible for developing an overarching marketing and publicity strategy for NutritionFacts.org and Dr. Greger, refining and ensuring consistent messaging across the organization, and managing Dr. Greger’s speaking tour and interviews. Detailed responsibilities are listed below. This is a remote position, so the ability to maintain a consistent work schedule and ethic while working independently is important.
The ideal Media and Events Director candidate will have a solid understanding of the lifestyle medicine media landscape with a desire to identify and engage with key influencers to grow NutritionFacts.org’s audience. They are passionate about evidence-based nutrition, and have demonstrated success in the following areas: securing press placements, executing strategic media plans, thinking outside the box to garner media attention, and are eager to network and continue building relationships across a wide range of media from print to blogs.
As NutritionFacts.org is mostly represented as a website, experience with branding a website, particularly in the lifestyle medicine/health field is preferred. The ideal candidate would also preferably have knowledge of Latin American markets and be fluent in Spanish as they will work closely with our Spanish Program Director to market our Spanish-language NutritionFacts.org site.
The Media and Events Director not only has to have the creativity and ambition to brainstorm marketing strategies and new ways to work with key influencers, but they also have to be able to meticulously organize and schedule an extensive speaking tour and interview schedule.
The Media and Events Director reports to the Program Director and works closely with the Social Media Director and Graphic Designer.
Marketing and Outreach
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategy that streamlines branding and messaging for NutritionFacts.org, Dr. Greger and How Not to Die
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication
- Develop and maintain press materials
- Identify key influencers (such as bloggers and others with a social media presence) and cultivate relationships and engagement opportunities with them
- Maintain knowledge of changing trends and current events in media and lifestyle medicine/public health sectors
- Cultivate media contacts
- Craft press releases to distribute to media contacts
- Work with media relationships to build NutritionFacts.org outreach strategies for both our English and Spanish site
Speaking Event and Interview Coordination
- Manage all logistics of Dr. Greger’s upcoming 100+ city speaking tour
- Book and manage all of Dr. Greger’s travel
- Track travel reimbursement
- Coordinate book sales, AV requirements, and paperwork for speaking tour events
- Manage coordination between the publisher, external, and internal contacts
- Garner media attention for tour
- Manage all logistics of Dr. Greger’s interviews
- Review requests
- Schedule interviews
- Work with Social Media Director on interview promotion
- Genuine interest in media relations and growing NutritionFacts.org’s reach
- Ability to think outside the box and work creatively to strategize and implement new ways to bring NF to a larger audience
- Passionate and mission-driven
- Maintains a positive attitude in the face of challenges and last-minute changes
- Self-directed and approaches all work and tasks with high level of integrity
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Consistently demonstrates reliability in completing assignments on time, responding to communications efficiently and following up on detailed projects
- Meticulous attention to detail with demonstrated organizational skills
- Two years experience in communications
- Experience in the non-profit or lifestyle medicine field preferred
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Experience with Latin American markets preferred
- Ability and desire to work with a remote team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exquisite organizational skills, work ethic, and professionalism
Nutritionfacts.org strives to offer competitive nonprofit salaries and health benefits (beyond just the kale health plan :). Unfortunately, NutritionFacts.org is not able to sponsor work visa applications, so applicants for full-time staff positions have to be U.S. citizens or otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States. NutritionFacts.org is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.