Morning Grain Bowls
Leftover cooked grains are a great way to start the day—and quick, too! If you don’t have leftover grains, cook up a pot of your favorite grain the day before and you’ll have the start of something good in the morning.
Raciones: 4 people
- 3 cups cooked whole grains (ex: brown rice, quinoa, freekeh, oats)
- 3/4 cup cannelini beans mashed
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 1-inch piece turmeric (or 1 tsp ground)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated (optional)
- 1 cup berries fresh or frozen
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 4 tablespoons Date Syrup (optional)
Elaboración paso a paso
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cooked grains, beans, Almond Milk, flax-seeds, turmeric, and ginger (if using). Mix well. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until warm but not too hot. Divide the grain mixture among four bowls. Top each serving with 1⁄4 cup of the berries and one-quarter of the sliced banana. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon of Date Syrup, if desired.