When asked whether food and beverage consumption, or physical activity, was more important, the majority of people get the answer wrong.
Nota del Doctor
This will look familiar to those who’ve seen my 2012 presentation (either live or vicariously at Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death). Tomorrow I cover the wild finding about meat’s affect on weight in Meat and Weight Gain in the PANACEA Study. Note the caloric expenditure equivalencies I present here are assuming no dietary compensation, something seen quite dramatically, for example, in nut consumption in Testing the Dietary Compensation Theory. Given how hard it is to work off food, let’s make our calories count by choosing the most nutrient dense foods. Calculate Your Healthy Eating Score may be a good place to start.
For more on diet and exercise, see:
- How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss
- The Role of Diet vs. Exercise in the Obesity Epidemic
- Is Swimming Good for Weight Loss?
- The Best Time to Exercise for Weight Loss
- Better to Exercise Before or After Meals for Weight Loss and Blood Sugar Control?