Have you wanted to get healthier menus in your local schools, hospitals, or other institutions but didn’t know where to start? Now you can use Balanced’s new resources to lead healthy-menu campaigns where you live. Balanced is the nonprofit public health and nutrition advocacy group that NutritionFacts helped launch last year, and they just released their Community Advocacy Program.
This program provides resources for advocates to lead successful healthy menu campaigns in their communities. It includes a downloadable advocacy guide and resource toolkits, an optional 30-day training series, support from the Balanced team, connection to a network of like-minded advocates across the country, and specially tailored resources for each campaign.
To get the toolkit and sign up for the training series, or donate to sponsor an advocate, visit balanced.org/lead
New DVD updates the latest on coffee, chlorella, and the CHIP program
My new DVD is out today and is available as a streaming video so you can start watching it immediately. All of these videos will eventually be available for free online over the next few months, but if you don’t want to wait, you can watch them all streaming right now.
- Aloe for the Treatment of Advanced Metastatic Cancer
- Can Aloe Cure Cancer?
- Are Apples the Best Food for a Better Sex Life in Women?
- Ground Ginger to Reduce Muscle Pain
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
- What Is the Optimal Diet?
- The Weight Loss Program that Got Better with Time
- CHIP, the Complete Health Improvement Program
- A Workplace Wellness Program that Works
- Benefits of Lentils and Chickpeas
- Benefits of Blueberries for the Brain
- Benefits of Cabbage Leaves for Relief of Engorged Breasts
- Effects of Smoking Marijuana on the Lungs
- Smoking Marijuana vs. Using a Cannabis Vaporizer
- Is Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Real?
- How to Shop for, Handle, and Store Chicken
- Does Coffee Affect Cholesterol?
- How to Treat Jet Lag with Light
- Are Melatonin Supplements Safe?
- How to Treat Jet Lag with Melatonin-Rich Food
- Detoxifying with Chlorella
- Is Henna Safe?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Safe?
- Does Tea Tree Oil Have Hormonal Side Effects?
- Best Supplement for Canker Sores
- The Best Advice on Diet and Cancer
If you were a regular supporter, you’d already be a coffee expert by now, having already received a link to the new DVD. New DVDs and downloads are released every nine weeks. If you’d like to automatically receive them before they’re even available to the public, please consider becoming a monthly donor.
Anyone signing up on the donation page to become a $25 monthly contributor will receive the next three downloads for free, and anyone signing up as a $50 monthly contributor will get a whole year’s worth of new DVDs (as physical DVDs, downloads, streaming, your choice). If you signed up for physical copies, your copy is already on it’s way to you, if you do not have it by June 25th, please email DVDhelp@NutritionFacts.org and we’ll make everything all better.
Get Dr. Greger’s Free Daily Dozen App
Want to know which healthiest-of-healthy foods I suggest eating on a regular basis? Find out by downloading my free Daily Dozen app where you can see the list of foods, examples, and even links to videos about each item. Just search for Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen in your Apple or Android app store and get started tracking your progress right away. Then take the Daily Dozen Challenge by checking off all of the boxes in one day; share your success with us by using the #dailydozenchallenge hashtag.
The How Not to Die Cookbook is packed with over 100 recipes for delicious meals, snacks, and beverages made with 100% green-light ingredients to help you eat your way to better health. I was fortunate to work with skilled recipe-developer Robin Robertson who helped turn my Daily Dozen and Dining by Traffic Light strategies into delicious recipes. Get a taste right now at nutritionfacts.org/recipes.
*100% of the proceeds I receive from all of my books are donated to charity.
Every month now I do Q&As live from my treadmill, and today is the day.
- Facebook Live: At 1:00 p.m. ET go to our Facebook page to watch live and ask questions.
- YouTube Live Stream: At 1:30 p.m. ET go here to watch live and ask even more questions!
You can now find links to all of my past live YouTube and Facebook Q&As right here on NutritionFacts.org. If that’s not enough, remember I have an audio podcast to keep you company at http://nutritionfacts.org/audio.
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my free videos here and watch my live, year-in-review presentations:
- 2012: Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death
- 2013: More Than an Apple a Day
- 2014: From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food
- 2015: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Dreaded Diseases with Diet
- 2016: How Not To Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers