Internship Opportunities for 2019 – 2020
Interested in helping out at NutritionFacts.org? Sign-up for our volunteer newsletter to stay updated on new positions.
Thank you for your support.
Graphic Design Internship
NutritionFacts.org is excited to offer a Graphic Design Intern position! We’re looking for someone who is either currently working towards a design education or is passionate about our mission and looking to sharpen their skills.
The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for assisting the Graphic Design Director with the creation of: social media graphics, original thumbnails for NutritionFacts.org YouTube videos, and branding/product designs.
Minimum of 10 hours per week, maximum of 25 hours per week, for at least 3 months. Flexibility is available on the start and end date, as well as how the work week is scheduled.
This is an entirely remote position. Interns will work mostly independently, with weekly design meetings with the Graphic Design Director. This internship is unpaid, but can be a great learning experience for those interested in maintaining web content, brand consistency and creating original graphics.
- Creating NutritionFacts.org video thumbnails
- Creating social media content from templates
- Including but not limited to: quote, recipe, Daily Dozen, testimony, and Traffic Light graphics
- Collaborating with the Graphic Design Director to complete projects for new products and design/brand content
- Maintaining a visual brand identity
- Basic graphic design experience in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Access to a personal computer
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Prompt communication via email and messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and well-organized
- Commitment to the mission/goals of NutritionFacts.org
- Willing to take the initiative to execute projects and explore new avenues for NutritionFacts.org’s graphic design efforts
- Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Familiarity with cloud file management
- Asana/Project Management tool experience
Reports to: Graphic Design Director