Host a Screening Event
COVID-19 Update: As an alternative to hosting these in-person events, we encourage everyone who is interested in hosting an event to instead share links to the videos with their communities so they can watch from home.
- Pandemics: History & Prevention
Dr. Greger discusses how to treat the cause by preventing the emergence of pandemic viruses in the first place in this 2008 presentation.
- How Not to Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, & Reversing Our Top 15 Killers
Dr. Greger covers the top 15 causes of death in the United States and how they may be prevented, treated, or reversed through our diet according to the best available balance of evidence in the medical literature.
- Evidence-Based Weight Loss
Dr. Greger covers the key ingredients of the ideal weight-loss diet — factors such as calorie density, the insulin index, and the impact of foods on our gut microbiome — showing how evidence-based eating is crucial to our success.
Share the latest in evidence-based nutrition with your community by hosting a free screening of Dr. Michael Greger’s “How Not to Die” or “Evidence-Based Weight Loss” presentation. The video presentations are approximately one hour long and your free Digital Event Kit will also include an introduction to NutritionFacts.org and a fun trivia game for attendees. The entire event is approximately two hours long.
By providing this fun and educational event kit, we hope to make it easier than ever to spread the message about evidence-based eating.
How to participate:
- Determine the time and place to host the screening. Examples of places that may be open to hosting are community centers, places of worship, libraries, auditoriums, or even your backyard.
- Fill out the form below to share more details with us about your event. We will reach out to you with details on the next steps to take.
- We will provide a free Digital Event Kit to give you everything you will need and steps to take to ensure success.
- Host your screening and let us know how it went!
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in organizing an event and we will get in touch with you shortly. Check out our Event FAQ below the form for more information.
Note: This is not a form to request Dr. Greger to speak in person. To request an in-person speaking engagement, please refer to our Speaking Inquiries form.
Submit a form and receive our Digital Event Kit upon approval and you’ll have all the tools you need to host a screening.
The kit includes:
- Video presentation file and subtitles
- Organizing handbook
- Trivia presentation file in Keynote (Mac) and PowerPoint (PC) formats
- Event promotion images for use on Facebook, Instagram, and printable posters
- Screening license
- Email templates for organizing
You can also share the event on other social media platforms, such as Instagram. In addition to creating social media events, we have also included promotional materials in this kit that you can print out and share in your community. We recommend posting them on community boards in places like coffee shops, event centers, restaurants, and colleges with permission. We also recommend connecting with local groups who may be interested in helping promote the event.
The feedback for these events has been overwhelmingly positive overall from those who haven’t seen it and those that have. People all over the world are learning new things, feeling inspired to eat healthier, and are connecting with their community.
Ensure that the venue has what you need for the screening, including a projector and/or large television, projector screen if needed, speakers, and plenty of chairs.
Ideally consider venues that will allow you to host the screening for free.
Consider parking and share details about parking with your guests so they know what to expect.
Mention that this is a free, educational event supported by a non-profit organization. Please indicate that you are a NutritionFacts.org volunteer.
Run time: Approx. 60 – 70 minutes
File format: .mp4 digital download