Last week, October 25, was my birthday. Thank you to everyone who donated to NutritionFacts.org, which I began as a labor of love dedicated to my grandma’s near miraculous recovery from heart disease thanks to lifestyle medicine pioneer Nathan Pritikin. That’s why I went into medicine, that’s why I started NutritionFacts.org, that’s why I wrote How Not to Die, and that’s why 100% of the proceeds I get from my books are all donated to charity. I just want to do for everyone’s family what Pritikin did for my family. If you still want to help celebrate my journey, you can make a tax-deductible donation to keep NutritionFacts.org exploding out into the world.
New DVD covers plant-based athletes, the best way to cook veggies, and much more
My new DVD is out today and is available as a streaming video so you can start watching it immediately. As you can see, there’s a variety of topics covered, from eggs and breast cancer, “vitamin B17,” light vs. dark roast coffee, and the best foods for bad breath. All of these videos will be rolling out for free online starting at the end of November, but if you don’t want to wait, you can watch them all streaming right now. You can also order it as a physical DVD.
- Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Warts and Cold Sores
- Is Lipstick Safe Given the Lead Contamination?
- The Gladiator Diet: How Vegetarian Athletes Stack Up
- The First Studies on Vegetarian Athletes
- Vegetarian Muscle Power, Strength, and Endurance
- Benefits of Blueberries for Heart Disease
- Which Coffee Is Healthier: Light vs. Dark Roast
- Does Low Acid Coffee Cause Less Acid Reflux?
- What About Kosher and Organic Chicken?
- Brain Healthy Foods to Fight Aging
- Do Lutein Supplements Help with Brain Function?
- Is Fiber an Effective Anti-Inflammatory?
- Dietary Cholesterol and Cancer
- Eggs and Breast Cancer
- Oxidized Cholesterol 27HC May Explain 3 Breast Cancer Mysteries
- Do Apricot Seeds Work as an Alternative Cancer Cure?
- Does Laetrile (Amygdalin or Vitamin B-17) Work as an Alternative Cancer Cure?
- Is Butter Really Back? What the Science Says
- Are Cannabis Edibles Safe?
- Benefit of Dates for Colon Health
- Are Vegetarians at Risk for Eating Disorders?
- Do Mobile Phones Affect Sleep?
- Is Ginger Beneficial in a Diabetic Diet?
- How to Treat Periodontitis with Diet
- Best Foods for Halitosis and Gingivitis
Best Way to Cook Vegetables
Order my new DVD at DrGreger.org/collections/dvds, on Amazon, or as a video download/streaming at DrGreger.org/collections/downloads. And remember, if you watch the videos on NutritionFacts.org or YouTube, you can access captions in several different languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
If you were a regular supporter, you’d already be an expert on these new topics by now, having already received a link to the new DVD. New DVDs and downloads are released every nine weeks. If you’d like to automatically receive them before they’re even available to the public, please consider becoming a monthly donor.
Anyone signing up on the donation page to become a $25 monthly contributor will receive the next three downloads for free, and anyone signing up as a $50 monthly contributor will get a whole year’s worth of new DVDs (as physical DVDs, downloads, streaming, your choice). If you signed up for physical copies, and do not yet have it, please email DVDhelp@NutritionFacts.org and we’ll make everything all better.
Announcing “Flashback Fridays”
In the last dozen years I have created more than 1,500 videos. How often have you seen me on my Live Q&A’s saying “I’ve got a video on that!”? There’s such a treasure trove of life-changing information now that I’ve decided to start digging into the video vault and bringing back some of the classics, complete with an updated Doctor’s Note on Fridays, starting Nov 9.
I need your help in choosing which videos to feature on Flashback Fridays. What are the favorites you’re always sending to family and friends? What videos changed the way you live your life? What were some of the most interesting, groundbreaking, practical findings you learned? Please let me know by voting here.
The Truth About Food
Dr. David Katz just came out with a new book, The Truth About Food: Why Pandas Eat Bamboo and People Get Bamboozled. All book proceeds go to a great charity (the True Health Initiative). A man after my own heart!
Live Q&A November 15
- Facebook Live: At 12:00 p.m. ET go to our Facebook page to watch live and ask questions.
- YouTube Live Stream: At 1:00 p.m. ET go here to watch live and ask even more questions!
You can find links to all of my past live YouTube and Facebook Q&As right here on NutritionFacts.org. If that’s not enough, remember I have an audio podcast to keep you company at http://nutritionfacts.org/audio.
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my free videos here and watch my live, year-in-review presentations:
- 2012: Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death
- 2013: More Than an Apple a Day
- 2014: From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food
- 2015: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Dreaded Diseases with Diet
- 2016: How Not To Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers