Fasting has been branded the “next big weight loss fad,” and about one in seven Americans report using some sort of fasting as a means for weight loss.
This infographic is a guide to explore some of the key facts to help you to make your own choice. Dr. Greger compares the advantages and disadvantages of different types of fasting based on the latest evidence, and provides some important cautions and notes to consider before deciding to start.
Get the PDF version of this infographic here.
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my free videos here and watch my live, year-in-review presentations:
- 2019: Evidence-Based Weight Loss
- 2016: How Not To Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers
- 2015: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Dreaded Diseases with Diet
- 2014: From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food
- 2013: More Than an Apple a Day
- 2012: Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death