Thank you for your incredible support!
My new DVD came out today and is available as streaming video so you can start watching it immediately. In this new volume, I have videos on natural treatments for endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome; the latest on vitamin C, green tea, and aspartame; two videos on soy and breast cancer; the best foods to help prevent strokes; and a really neat one on strengthening the mind-body connection.
The current batch of videos from the previous volume is about to run out on NutritionFacts.org. So, starting next month and running through March 2017, I’ll roll out this new set. They will all eventually be available for free online, but if you don’t want to wait you can watch them all streaming right now.
Here’s the full list of chapters from the new volume—a preview of what’s to come over the next few months on NutritionFacts.org:
- BPA on Receipts: Getting Under Our Skin
- Should All Children Have Their Cholesterol Checked?
- How Do We Know that Cholesterol Causes Heart Disease?
- Black Raspberry Supplements Put to the Test
- The Effect of Animal Protein on Stress Hormones, Testosterone, and Pregnancy
- Is Obesity Infectious?
- Best Foods to Reduce Stroke Risk
- Donating Blood to Prevent Heart Disease?
- Donating Blood to Prevent Cancer?
- Turmeric Curcumin and Inflammatory Orbital Pseudotumor
- Is Soy Healthy for Breast Cancer Survivors?
- Should Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer Avoid Soy?
- How to Treat Endometriosis with Seaweed
- Does Paratuberculosis in Milk Trigger Type 1 Diabetes?
- Meat Consumption and the Development of Type 1 Diabetes
- Does Paratuberculosis in Meat Trigger Type 1 Diabetes?
- Miso Soup: Soy vs. Sodium
- Benefits of Marjoram for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Best Foods for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- How to Stop Hiccups
- How to Strengthen the Mind-Body Connection
- Do Vitamin C Supplements Prevent Colds but Cause Kidney Stones?
- Does Aspartame Cause Cancer?
- Can Green Tea Help Prevent Cancer?
- Can Green Tea Help Treat Cancer?
- Supplement Industry Response to Carnitine and TMAO
If you were a regular supporter, you’d already know all this, having already received a link to the new DVD. New DVDs are released every nine weeks. If you’d like to automatically receive them before they’re even available to the public, please consider becoming a monthly donor.
Anyone signing up on the donation page to become a $15 monthly contributor will receive the next three DVDs for free, and anyone signing up as a $25 monthly contributor will get a whole year’s worth of new DVDs (as physical DVDs, downloads, streaming, or all three—your choice). If you signed up for physical copies, your volume 34 is in the mail. If you don’t receive it next week, please email DVDhelp@NutritionFacts.org and we’ll make everything all better.
Important Notice to Recurring Donors: We’re asking our monthly supporters to update their payment profile through our new donor portal. The new portal allows you to manage your credit card information, print your tax receipts, view your donation history, opt into a birthday surprise, and more. Your old profile will continue giving to NutritionFacts.org until you update your account through the donor portal by creating a new recurring donation (once you set this up we will suspend your old profile so that you are not double charged), or your payment method on file expires. Thank you so much—you are the backbone of support for the site.
Live Q&A’s THIS THURSDAY
Every month I’m doing Q&A’s live from my treadmill, and this Thursday, December 29 is the day.
- Facebook Live: At noon ET go to our Facebook page to watch live and ask questions.
- Instagram Live Stream: Follow me on Instagram (@nutrition_facts_org) and at 4 pm ET I will show up live in the story feed on the mobile Instagram app. Tap it to open, and then start asking questions! Note: this will only work through the mobile app on your phone or tablet, not your computer browser.
Hopefully between those two, you can get all your questions answered—at least until next month!
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my free videos here and watch my live, year-in-review presentations:
- 2012: Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death
- 2013: More Than an Apple a Day
- 2014: From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food
- 2015: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Dreaded Diseases with Diet
- 2016: How Not To Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers