Berry Banana Oatmeal Bowl
Here's a quick and easy, Berry Banana Oatmeal Bowl. A delicious way to start the day! Consistent with recommendations from leading cancer and heart disease authorities, my Daily Dozen recommends at least three daily servings of whole grains, such as oats.
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½-1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed walnuts, optional
- Bring the soymilk to a boil. Add the oats, and then lower the heat. Cook the oats for about 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the ground flaxseed and cinnamon and stir together. Remove the oats from the heat. Top with bananas, berries, and walnuts. Add additional soymilk, if desired for thinning. Enjoy!