Caramel Cocoa Bites
These 5 ingredient treats are quick and easy to whip up. They will satisfy your sweet tooth while checking off some Daily Dozen boxes. Double the batch and make enough for the whole week!
- ½ cup pitted deglet nour dates*
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- unsweetened shredded coconut or hemp seeds (optional)
- Combine the dates, oats, cinnamon, and cocoa powder in a food processor and process until the mixture forms a dough-like texture when pinched together. If too dry, add more dates. If too gooey, add more oats.
- Roll into 8 balls, and then roll the balls in shredded coconut or hemp seeds to coat.
- Freeze on a lined cookie sheet for 20 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
*Deglet nour dates taste like caramel, but you can sub in medjool dates for a different flavor.