Hearty Veggie Soup
This soup is packed with Daily Dozen ingredients, feel free to add some greens and beans for even more Daily Dozen servings!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 8 cups water
- Wash and prep all the vegetables.
- Sauté the onion with 1-2 tablespoons of water until onions are translucent in a large pot. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and spices to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water at a time, as needed, to keep the vegetables and spices from sticking.
- When the carrots and sweet potatoes are soft, add the water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until reaches desired texture and temperature.