You can also serve this scintillating beverage as a hot tea.
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 4-inch piece cinnamon stick (optional)
- Date Syrup to taste
- mint, for serving (optional)
- Combine 4 cups of water with the ginger in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lemon and cinnamon stick (if using) and set aside for 30 minutes
- Sweeten to taste with Date Syrup (if using). Refrigerate until chilled. Serve in a tall glass over ice. Add mint if you're in the mood.