If you find it difficult to incorporate more beans into your diet, this dish solves that problem for you! Mixing beans with crunchy vegetables and fresh herbs, topped with a dressing really makes a satisfying meal or side dish. Pair with roasted sweet potatoes or cooked whole grains of choice.
- 1 ½ cups or 1 (15.5 oz) BPA-free can of salt-free chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups or 1 (15.5 oz) BPA-free can of salt-free cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup red onion, cut and sliced into thin strips
- 20 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt free stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Place the chickpeas on the pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Stir the chickpeas every 1/2 way through to help them cook evenly.
- Wash and chop the vegetables. In a large bowl mix the vegetables, beans and basil together.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over the vegetables and toss until evenly coated. Just before serving, add the roasted chickpeas.
- Serve the salad right away or wait 10-15 minutes for the flavors to meld. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?Mention @nutrition_facts_org or tag #DailyDozenRecipes!