Savory Spice Blend
I always have this seasoning blend on hand to add flavor to dishes in place of salt.
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast *
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (mustard powder)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a spice grinder or blender to mix well and pulverize the dried herbs and spices. Transfer the blend to a shaker bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store in a cool, dry place.
* I recommend those with Crohn's disease or hidradenitis suppurativa avoid nutritional yeast.