Chlorella does not have the toxins which may be present in blue-green algae supplements and spirulina.
What about blue-green algae, though. Harmful, harmless, or helpful?
In 2007 I was concerned about the neurotoxins in blue-green algae like chlorella, which is still a significant concern—harmful—but was creeped out this year by a report in the journal veterinary pathology. A golden retriever was killed by chlorella, but not by some toxin. The chlorella itself invaded her body and started eating its way to her brain. This is showing the algae creep up her spinal cord. When plants bite back.
I’m all for live food—but not this alive. And yes, there are also reports of human infection as well.
To see any graphs, charts, graphics, images, and quotes to which Dr. Greger may be referring watch the above video. This is just an approximation of the audio contributed by veganmontreal.
To help out on the site please email firstname.lastname@example.org