Banana Oat Cookies
A delicious breakfast or snack using just oats, bananas, and any add-ins of your choice. Serve these banana oat cookies for breakfast with some fresh fruit or enjoy on their own as a mid-day snack!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 medium-large ripe, spotty bananas
- up to 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries (raisins, nuts, seeds, or other dried, fresh or frozen fruit)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (pumpkin pie spice or other favorite spices)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a medium-sized bowl, until a pureed consistency is achieved.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the oats for 10 seconds to break into smaller fragments or blend into oat flour. This helps the cookies hold together. In a pinch, this recipe will also work with whole rolled oats. All options work, but will give the cookies a different texture.
- Stir the oats, mashed bananas, and any add-ins to form a batter.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, scoop out desired amount of cookie dough and press down gently to flatten into cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.