Bok Choy Tofu Stir Fry
Here's an easy and delicious Daily Dozen inspired meal that uses some pantry staples, Bok Choy Tofu Stir Fry. This recipe is from Katie Schloer, our Executive Director.
- 1 multicooker such as an Instant Pot
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, sliced
- 1 lb bok choy, chopped
- 8 oz button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 summer squash, chopped
- ¼ cup water
For the sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews
- black sesame seeds or black cumin seeds, for garnish
- Add the tofu, bok choy, mushrooms, summer squash, and 1/4 cup water to a multicooker, such as an Instant Pot. Set the Instant Pot to Manual, HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Use quick release to let off the pressure and open the lid. Drain off the extra water.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredientes. Stir together until well combined.
- Add the vegetables and tofu to a bowl for serving. Optional to pour the sauce over the vegetables or to serve the sauce on the side.
- Serve the Bok Choy Tofu Stir Fry topped with scallions, cashews, and sesame seeds. Pair cooked whole grains, such as quinoa, oat groats, millet, or sorghum. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?Mention @nutrition_facts_org or tag #DailyDozenRecipes!