This is our take on a traditional Mexican drink that is very popular during Day of the Dead (around Halloween) and at Las Posadas (during the Holiday season).
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 4 teaspoons homemade Date Syrup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil and cook the cinnamon on high heat.
- Add the oats and lower to medium heat. Cook until the oats start to soften.
- In a small bowl, mix the soymilk with the cocoa powder and Date Syrup. Add the mix to the pot with the oats and stir together.
- Cook for about 3 minutes. Add more soymilk as needed to reach desired consistency of the champurrado. Serve hot. Makes enough for 2 people.
Date Syrup recipe is here.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @nutrition_facts_org or tag #DailyDozenRecipes!