Cinnamon Baked Apples
Enjoy these Cinnamon Baked Apples on their own, pair them with nice cream, or top with cashew cream for dessert. Serve these Baked Apples over cooked oatmeal for a tasty breakfast.
- 7 cups chopped red apples (about 4-5 large apples)
- ½ cup pitted dates (or ½ cup raisins)
- ½ cup water, or more if needed
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon (or ½ tbsp of pumpkin pie spice blend)
- walnuts, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash and chop the apples. Set aside 1 cup of the apples, and then place the rest in an 8x8 glass dish.
- In a high speed blender, combine the dates and the water. Blend until smooth. Then add 1 cup of the apples and cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice blend). Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture over the apples in the glass dish and stir until all the apples are coated. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Top with crushed walnuts, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer. Makes enough for about 4-6.