All you need is to make this simple guacamole is a knife and fork! Use it as a dip with fresh veggies or eat with our Easy Veggie Tacos. When paired with greens, healthy fat sources—such as from avocados—may maximize nutrient absorption, as many of the nutrients greens are famous for are fat-soluble, including beta-carotene, lutein, vitamin K, and zeaxanthin. Similarly, adding some avocado to our salsa may triple the amount of fat-soluble nutrients that make it into our bloodstream.This recipe comes from Ángela, our Spanish Social Media and Program Coordinator.
- 3 Hass avocados
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes or vine tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- handful chopped cilantro optional
- Mash avocados with a fork until soft and creamy.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix again.
This goes great with the Easy Veggie Tacos.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @nutrition_facts_org or tag #DailyDozenRecipes!