Pumpkin Pie Custard
This Pumpkin Pie Custard is a healthy and delicious fall treat made with simple ingredients—a tasty way to check off a few Daily Dozen marks.
- 15 oz of pumpkin puree (BPA-free can or Tetra Pak)
- 12-16 oz silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dates pitted
- crushed pecans or walnuts as desired
Cashew Cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, silken tofu, pumpkin pie spice, and dates into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste the mixture and adjust the pumpkin pie spice and dates to your liking.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish or small ramekins. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the top cracks.
- To make the cashew drizzle, combine the cashews and water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once the custard is done, drizzle the cashew cream over the top and sprinkle with crushed walnuts or pecans. Enjoy!