This fresh salsa recipe comes from Ángela, our Spanish Social Media and Program Coordinator.
- 9 vine tomatoes
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon date syrup optional
- cilantro, to taste optional
- Roughly chop all ingredients and transfer to a food processor. Process until salsa is mostly smooth, leaving a bit of texture.
- Add salsa to a pot and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan and then move to the fridge to chill and set before serving.
- Note: See here for date syrup recipe: https://nutritionfacts.org/recipe/date-syrup/
This salsa goes well with our Easy Veggie Tacos.