Strawberry-Banana Nice Cream
I scream, you scream, we all scream for NICE cream! We can’t get enough of this dessert in our household—both this specific recipe and easy-to-make, delicious variations. For MATCHA: Simply blend two ingredients—powdered matcha green tea and blended frozen bananas—before freezing. (Please make sure the matcha is sourced from Japan, not China, due to lead contamination concerns.)
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 bananas frozen (break into chunks before freezing)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 piece split and scraped vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the bananas and almond butter in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the strawberries and vanilla and pulse to mix well, leaving a few solid bits of strawberry throughout. Transfer the nice cream to an airtight container and freeze for 30 minutes for a soft texture or for 1 to 2 hours for a firmer texture. If the nice cream becomes too hard to scoop, let it stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- TIP: Keep a stash of ripe banana chunks in the freezer to make delicious soft-serve nice cream (and smoothies) in minutes.
Note: Nutrition Facts listed are for Strawberry-Banana.