Unfried Refried Beans
Whip up a quick batch of “refried beans” with this simple recipe.This recipe comes from Ángela, our Spanish Social Media and Program Coordinator.
- 3 cups cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed or 2 15.5 oz BPA-free cans or Tetra Paks
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch black pepper
- In a skillet, cook the onion with a splash of water for 7 minutes or until soft. You can keep adding water to stop the onion from burning or sticking to the pan.
- Rinse the beans and transfer into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the beans until they become a paste.
- Add spices and mix well. Then add the onion and mix again.
These beans are great for our Easy Veggie Tacos.