Date: August 26th, 2020 at 2:00 PM ET
Duration: 2 Hours
Last Day to Register: August 19th, 2020
In my new book How to Survive a Pandemic and my last COVID-19 Webinar I marveled at the constellation of new consumer choices in the dairy and meat aisle helping to innovate us out of our precarious situation with regards to the pandemic threats posed by animal agriculture. Plant-based meats, milks, and egg products—as well as even more pioneering approaches involving cellular agriculture—could also offer enormous benefits for the climate crisis. But what are the nutritional and personal human health effects of eating products like Beyond Meat and the Impossible Burger, or even actual animal products grown without the animals?
I did a deep dive and crafted a dozen videos on the topic that I’m going to unveil in a 2-hour live webinar with Q&A at 2pm ET on August 26th:
- The Environmental Impacts of Plant-Based Meat Alternatives
- Are Beyond Meat and the Impossible Burger Healthy?
- Are Pea and Soy Protein Isolates Harmful?
- Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Put to the Test
- The Health Effects of Mycoprotein (Quorn) Products
- What About the Heme in Impossible Burgers?
- Does Heme Iron Cause Cancer?
- Heme-Induced N-Nitroso Compounds and Fat Oxidation
- Is Heme the Reason Meat Is Carcinogenic?
- The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Food Safety
- The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Antibiotic Resistance
- The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Chemical Safety
All of these videos will eventually be available for free on NutritionFacts.org, but if you don’t want to wait, you can watch it all now by joining me in this live webinar and get your burning questions answered.
Make a donation of any amount with this form and we will send you a link to register for the webinar as a donor reward. Your support helps keep NutritionFacts.org going and growing!
All of the content was extremely useful. Dr. G is the best teacher, even via the web, I have ever listened to. Clear, engaging, personable, passionate, patient and very interesting.
It is a very cool feeling that there are over 500 people around the globe, who are interested in nutrition and want to know even more. So keep up the good work.
Dr. Greger did a fantastic job bringing his genius knowledge down to my level. I learned so much on all the ways to research effectively, thoroughly and truthfully. He was fantastic! He went over aspects enough times for me to get what he was talking about. So he didn’t go too fast. He went just at the right pace. He did it with humor and fascination on a subject that can be tedious, he made it an adventure. I really appreciate all the work and planning that went into the four hours! Can’t wait for him to do it again on another subject!
This course is worth so much money and a huge value to those particularly in university and research. Thank you so much for your time and efforts!
Dr. Greger is a rare treasure and his educational style is engaging. Thank you all!