What Triggered the Obesity Epidemic?
Date: January 24th, 2020 2:00 pm EST
The obesity epidemic exploded throughout the industrialized world in the late 1970s. What happened? Any potential driver would have had to be global in nature and coincide with the upswing of the epidemic. So how do the various theories stack up? I hope you’ll join me as I go through them all and answer your questions in this 2-hour live webinar.
Here’s a list of all the topics I’m going to cover in the 2-hour webinar:
- The Role of Diet vs. Exercise in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of Genes in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Thrifty Gene Theory: Survival of the Fattest
- Cut the Calorie-Rich-And-Processed Foods
- The Role of Processed Foods in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of Taxpayer Subsidies in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of Marketing in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of Food Advertisements in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of Personal Responsibility in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of Corporate Influence in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of the Toxic Food Environment in the Obesity Epidemic
- The Role of Epigenetics in the Obesity Epidemic
All of the information will eventually be available for free on NutritionFacts.org, but if you don’t want to wait, you can hear it all now by joining me in this live webinar to get all your questions answered.
Missed the Webinar?
All of the content was extremely useful. Dr. G is the best teacher, even via the web, I have ever listened to. Clear, engaging, personable, passionate, patient and very interesting.
It is a very cool feeling that there are over 500 people around the globe, who are interested in nutrition and want to know even more. So keep up the good work.
Dr. Greger did a fantastic job bringing his genius knowledge down to my level. I learned so much on all the ways to research effectively, thoroughly and truthfully. He was fantastic! He went over aspects enough times for me to get what he was talking about. So he didn't go too fast. He went just at the right pace. He did it with humor and fascination on a subject that can be tedious, he made it an adventure. I really appreciate all the work and planning that went into the four hours! Can't wait for him to do it again on another subject!
This course is worth so much money and a huge value to those particularly in university and research. Thank you so much for your time and efforts!
Dr. Greger is a rare treasure and his educational style is engaging. Thank you all!