Show off your love for NutritionFacts.org with these limited-edition products! This summer, we’ve got brand new designs on a tee, tank, and mask. Funds raised help my team and I continue to bring you the bite-sized lifestyle medicine information you count on. Get the swag here.
New Webinar: The Human Health Implications of Plant-Based and Cultivated Meat for Pandemic Prevention and Climate Mitigation
In my new book How to Survive a Pandemic and my last COVID-19 webinar I marveled at the constellation of new consumer choices in the dairy and meat aisle helping to innovate us out of our precarious situation with regards to the pandemic threats posed by animal agriculture. Plant-based meats, milks, and egg products—as well as even more pioneering approaches involving cellular agriculture—could also offer enormous benefits for the climate crisis. But what are the nutritional and personal human health effects of eating products like Beyond Meat and the Impossible Burger, or even actual animal products grown without the animals?
I did a deep dive and crafted a dozen videos on the topic that I’m going to unveil in a 2-hour live webinar with Q&A at 2pm ET on August 26:
1. The Environmental Impacts of Plant-Based Meat Alternatives
2. Are Beyond Meat and the Impossible Burger Healthy?
3. Are Pea and Soy Protein Isolates Harmful?
4. Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Put to the Test
5. The Health Effects of Mycoprotein (Quorn) Products
6. What About the Heme in Impossible Burgers?
7. Does Heme Iron Cause Cancer?
8. Heme-Induced N-Nitroso Compounds and Fat Oxidation
9. Is Heme the Reason Meat Is Carcinogenic?
10. The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Food Safety
11. The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Antibiotic Resistance
12. The Human Health Effects of Cultivated Meat: Chemical Safety
All of these videos will eventually be available for free on NutritionFacts.org, but if you don’t want to wait, you can watch it all now by joining me in this live webinar and get your burning questions answered.
UPDATE: The digital download of this webinar’s videos is now available here.
Last day to register: August 19th
Webinar date & time: August 26th, 2pm ET
And if you missed my last webinar on my latest B12 recommendations, you can now get the digital download of those videos.
How to Survive a Pandemic – Paperback Edition
If you haven’t seen it yet, we’ve put up a resource page all about COVID-19 with videos, links to my pandemic blog post and special Q&A sessions, my DIY hand sanitizer recipes, and more. Check it out here.
My 17-video series on COVID-19 is wrapping up, so you can now see all of the videos on the topic page.
And I recently did an interview with The Daily Mail for their article on factory farms and pandemics: read it here.
Fasting Infographic Available
New subscribers to my newsletter will be receiving an infographic on the latest fasting research. You can sign up here.
Doctor and Dietitian Q&A
Join me for a live Instagram Q&A with one of my favorite dietitians and dearest friends, Julieanna Hever.
Head over to the NutritionFacts.org Instagram page on 8/17 at 3pm ET to get the answers to your health and nutrition questions.
COVID-19 prevention, and how long can the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus survive on surfaces like paper?
The role wet markets, wildlife trafficking, and pangolins have played in the emergence of SARS-CoV-2.
What does clinical course of COVID-19 look like for both those who survive and those who don’t? How the symptoms compare to the flu.
Live Q&As TODAY, July 23
- Facebook AND YouTube Live: At 1:00 p.m. ET TODAY, July 23 go to our Facebook page OR YouTube to watch live and ask questions.
Michael Greger, M.D.
PS: If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my free videos here and watch my live presentations:
- 2019: Evidence-Based Weight Loss
- 2016: How Not To Die: The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers
- 2015: Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Dreaded Diseases with Diet
- 2014: From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food
- 2013: More Than an Apple a Day
- 2012: Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death