Chocolate–Cherry Nice Cream
Chocolate–Cherry Nice Cream is made with just five whole food ingredients but tastes so decadent you wouldn’t believe it.Anti-inflammatory phytonutrients in berries may explain why cherries can speed recovery after a marathon, reducing muscle pain in long-distance runners. Sweet red Bing cherries may reduce inflammation without causing damage to our stomach and gut lining like ibuprofen and other NSAID drugs.
- 3 cups sliced frozen bananas
- 2½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pitted and chopped fresh cherries (about 15 cherries)
- In a food processor, combine the frozen bananas with the cocoa powder, ground chia, and vanilla. Process until fairly smooth.
- Add the pitted cherries, and pulse them into the mixture. Process until reaching your desired texture. Serve immediately, or freeze for 4 to 5 hours before enjoying.
Want to make ground chia seeds at home? Just add chia seeds to a dry blender or coffee grinder, and blend until fine, like a powder. Store leftovers in an air-tight container.