Sheet Pan Meals
Sheet pan meals can be an easy, versatile way to check off the Daily Dozen! Add your favorite veggies, beans, and sweet potatoes to a pan and toss on your favorite herbs/ spices. Serve the dish on its own, over whole grains (like quinoa or oat groats) or greens (like baby kale or arugula). Top with a homemade tahini or cashew dressing, such as the Ranch Dressing from the How Not to Diet Cookbook. Here's a recipe you can follow, but feel free to do your own variation!
- 4 cups diced sweet potatoes (purple or orange)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 ½ - 2 cups sliced Brussels Sprouts
- 2-3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Prepare the vegetables and beans. Line a pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Add the ingredients. Toss with the lemon juice and spices.
- Roast the vegetables and beans for 50-60 minutes, or until desired texture is reached. Turn the veggies 1-2 time(s) throughout the cooking process.
- Serve the veggies and beans as is or with whole grains and/or greens. Top with tahini or a cashew-based dressing, such as our Ranch Dressing*, if desired. Enjoy!
*Ranch Dressing from The How Not to Diet Cookbook is here.