Soba Noodle Soup
A light broth soup, packed with a rainbow of vegetables and hearty buckwheat soba noodles. Toss in edamame or your favorite vegetables and spices to make this recipe your own. This recipe comes from Hailey, Chinese Social Media Manager.
- 8 oz 100% soba noodles
- 4-5 cups salt-free vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups chopped bok choy or napa cabbage
- Prepare the soba noodles according to the directions on the package, then set aside.
- Add 4-5 cups of water or salt-free vegetable broth to a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add the onion, miso, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and bok choy to the water. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Pour the soup over the noodles and top with fresh cilantro just before serving.