Southwest Quinoa Stew
Here's an easy and delicious Daily Dozen inspired meal that uses some pantry staples.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups salt-free vegetable broth or water
- 1-2 tablespoons salt-free southwest/chili seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1.5 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1.5 cups cooked bean (any kind)
- 1 (BPA-free) can diced tomatoes or 1-2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dried or fresh cilantro, to taste
- Boil the quinoa in the broth and seasoning until it's almost cooked, covered (about 7 mins).
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and simmer until they are cooked, covered (about 10 mins).
- Add the tomatoes, corn, beans, black pepper and cilantro and cook until heated through.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Optional: Add any kind of greens at the end until wilted.
Did you make this recipe?Mention @nutrition_facts_org or tag #DailyDozenRecipes!