Super Salad With Garlic Caesar Dressing & Hemp Hearts
Add bite-sized dices of steamed or sautéed tempeh to this salad for a pretty perfect entrée.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon blended peeled lemon
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt-free stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 inch grated turmeric or 1/4 tsp ground
- 1 teaspoon Savory Spice Blend
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn into pieces
- 1 bunch watercress or 2 cups baby spinach stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 carrot shredded
- 3 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- In a blender, combine ½ cup of water with all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, toss lightly with the dressing, and serve.
Savory Spice Blend recipe here.