Sweet Potato Taquitos
Sweet Potato Taquitos are a delicious way to check-off a few Daily Dozen servings! This dish combines beans, whole grains, spices, and vegetables for a satisfying meal. Top with cashew cream and avocados, if desired. Pair with a green leafy salad to check even more Daily Dozen boxes off.
- 2½ -3 cups chopped sweet potatoes (about 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12-14 small corn tortillas
- Cashew Cream (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Boil the potatoes and carrots in 3-4 cups water until soft. Drain the water off. Mash the potatoes and carrots until reaches desired consistency. Feel free to add a splash of unsweetened soy milk or water for a smoother texture.
- In a pan, sauté the garlic and onion with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Add the spices and cook until the onions are translucent. Stir in the cooked beans.
- In a bowl, combine the potato and carrot mixture with the black beans mixture. Stir together.
- Preheat the oven 425F or feel free to use an air fryer with a bake setting.
- Place a small scoop of the potato and bean mixture on to a tortilla, spread it out, and then roll tightly. Place the seam-side of the tortilla down on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper (or an air fryer basket). Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas.
- Bake the tortillas for about 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the Cashew Cream, if desired. Thin it out a bit to drizzle on top of the Taquitos or use it as a dip. Optional to top with diced avocado. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?Mention @nutrition_facts_org or tag #DailyDozenRecipes!