Spicy Asian Vegetable Soup
For an even heartier version of this amazing soup, add cooked 100% buckwheat noodles or brown, black, or red rice just before serving.
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 4-inch piece lemongrass crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups shiitake mushroom caps sliced
- 2 shallots cut lengthwise into thin slivers
- 2 cups bok choy or napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 3 scallions chopped
- 2 teaspoons peeled blended lime or to taste
- 4 cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon Healthy Hot Sauce or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Savory Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil or cilantro chopped
- In a large pot, combine the broth, lemongrass, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lemongrass and bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms, shallots, bok choy, and carrot. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the scallions, lime, tomatoes, Healthy Hot Sauce, and Savory Spice Blend. Simmer until hot, about 2 minutes. Garnish with Thai basil or cilantro and serve hot.