Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
This Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal is a naturally sweet and delicious way to start your day. It’s a date-sweetened oatmeal paired with a creamy cashew drizzle that makes for a fancy, yet simple breakfast. Less than 3 percent of Americans meet the daily recommended fiber intake, despite research suggesting that high-fiber foods, such as whole grains, can affect the progression of coronary heart disease. The soluble fiber of oatmeal forms a gel in the stomach, delaying stomach emptying, making one feel full for a longer period.
For the Oatmeal
- 4 cups water
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Raw pecans (optional garnish, as desired)
For the Drizzle
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pitted dates
- ¾-1 cup water
- To make the oatmeal, in a high-speed blender, combine the water, dates, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend until smooth and pour into a saucepan with the rolled oats. Cook until the oats reach your desired consistency.
- To make the drizzle, combine all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the oatmeal into bowls, top with the drizzle, and garnish with pecans, as desired.