What if billions in tax dollars were invested in healthier options, rather than given to corporations to subsidize the very foods that are making us sick?
Nota del Doctor
For more on the power of Big Food’s hold over our political system, check out videos such as:
- The McGovern Report
- Seeing Red No. 3: Coloring to Dye For
- Who Determines if Food Additives are Safe?
- Salmonella in Chicken & Turkey: Deadly but Not Illegal
My video series on corporate influence over our federal nutrition guidelines may also be enlightening:
- Dietary Guidelines: Corporate Guidance
- Dietary Guidelines: With a Grain of Big Salt
- Dietary Guidelines: USDA Conflicts of Interest
- Dietary Guidelines: Just Say No
- Dietary Guidelines: The First 25 Years
- Dietary Guidelines: From Dairies to Berries
- Dietary Guidelines: It’s All Greek to the USDA
- Dietary Guidelines: Science vs. Corporate Interest
- Dietary Guidelines: Advisory Committee Conflicts of Interest
- My Testimony Before the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Committee
And if we really wanted to save our country money, we could start by trying to wipe out some of our leading killer chronic diseases:
- Resuscitating Medicare
- Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease
- Convincing Doctors to Embrace Lifestyle Medicine
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.