Chicken consumption is associated with more weight gain than other meat.
The prior video that compared different types of meat, and found meat consumption to be associated with weight gain even at the same calorie intake, can be found at Meat and Weight Gain in the PANACEA Study.
Why poultry though? We don’t know, but here are some possible contributing factors:
- Obesity-Causing Chicken Virus
- Does Eating Obesity Cause Obesity?
- Infectobesity: Adenovirus 36 and Childhood Obesity
Other surprising discoveries in the field include:
- Obesity-Causing Pollutants in Food
- Gut Flora & Obesity
- Nuts and Obesity: The Weight of Evidence
- How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss?
For all of my videos on obesity, check out the topic page.