Excessive breast compression during mammography may not improve image quality and can cause unnecessary pain.
I started out by talking about false-positives, the topic of my last video. This is the sixth in a 14-video series on mammograms. If you missed the first five, see:
- Nine out of Ten Women Misinformed About Mammograms
- Mammogram Recommendations: Why the Conflicting Guidelines?
- Should Women Get Mammograms Starting at Age 40?
- Do Mammograms Save Lives?
- Consequences of False-Positive Mammogram Results
Stay tuned for:
- Can Mammogram Radiation Cause Breast Cancer?
- Understanding the Mammogram Paradox
- Overtreatment of Stage 0 Breast Cancer DCIS
- Women Deserve to Know the Truth About Mammograms
- Breast Cancer and the Five-Year Survival Rate Myth
- Why Mammograms Don’t Appear to Save Lives
- Why Patients Aren’t Informed About Mammograms
- The Pros and Cons of Mammograms
For more on breast cancer, see my videos Oxidized Cholesterol 27HC May Explain Three Breast Cancer Mysteriesand Eggs and Breast Cancer.
I was able to cover colon cancer screening in just one video. If you missed it, check out Should We All Get Colonoscopies Starting at Age 50?.