A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial on the use of the turmeric pigment curcumin to prevent diabetes in prediabetics is published with extraordinary results.
Turmeric Curcumin for Prediabetes
Here’s the smoker pee study I mentioned: Carcinogenic Blocking Effects of Turmeric.
What’s that about fat being involved in the development of diabetes? See:
- What Causes Insulin Resistance?
- The Spillover Effect Links Obesity to Diabetes
- Lipotoxicity: How Saturated Fat Raises Blood Sugar
- Diabetes as a Disease of Fat Toxicity
- What Causes Diabetes?
More on treating prediabetes and preventing it in the first place:
- Lifestyle Medicine Is the Standard of Care for Prediabetes
- Preventing Prediabetes By Eating More
- How to Prevent Prediabetes from Turning into Diabetes
- How to Prevent Prediabetes in Children
If just one plant can have that effect, what about a whole diet composed of plants? See Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes, and for some of the mechanisms, How May Plants Protect Against Diabetes?
Diabetes is not the only reason I encourage everyone to consume a quarter teaspoon of turmeric every day in my new book:
- Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis
- Preventing Alzheimer’s with Turmeric
- Treating Alzheimer’s with Turmeric
- Back to Our Roots: Curry and Cancer
- Turmeric Curcumin and Pancreatic Cancer
- Turmeric Curcumin, MGUS, and Multiple Myeloma
- Turmeric Curcumin vs. Exercise for Artery Function
- Heart of Gold: Turmeric vs. Exercise
- Who Shouldn’t Consume Curcumin or Turmeric?
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here. Read our important information about translations here.