Curcumin-free turmeric, from which the so-called active ingredient has been removed, may be as effective or even more potent.
That’s quite a rebut to reductionism. For more on this flawed nutritional philosophy, see my video Reductionism and the Deficiency Mentality.
Similar videos in this vein include:
- Food Antioxidants and Cancer
- Treating Asthma with Plants vs. Supplements?
- Broccoli: Sprouts vs. Supplements
- Industry Response to Plants Not Pills
Interested in learning more about turmeric and cancer? See:
- Back to Our Roots: Curry and Cancer
- Carcinogenic Blocking Effects of Turmeric
- Turmeric Curcumin Reprogramming Cancer Cell Death
- Turmeric Curcumin and Colon Cancer
- Topical Application of Turmeric Curcumin for Cancer
- Turmeric Curcumin, MGUS, and Multiple Myeloma
And for more on turmeric and everything else:
- Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis
- Boosting the Bioavailability of Curcumin
- Who Shouldn’t Consume Curcumin or Turmeric?
- Preventing Alzheimer’s with Turmeric
- Treating Alzheimer’s with Turmeric
- Turmeric Curcumin and Pancreatic Cancer
- Turmeric Curcumin vs. Exercise for Artery Function
- Heart of Gold: Turmeric vs. Exercise
- Speeding Recovery from Surgery with Turmeric
- Benefits of Turmeric for Arsenic Exposure
- Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin for Inflammatory Orbital Pseudotumor
- Turmeric Curcumin for Prediabetes
- Fighting Lupus with Turmeric: Good as Gold
For all our videos on the latest research on turmeric, visit our Turmeric topic page.