Kaiser Permanente, the largest U.S. managed care organization, publishes patient education materials to help make plant-based diets the “new normal” for patients and physicians.
You can download the Plant-Based Diet PDF here.
So exciting to see the practice of lifestyle medicine. For more on this new medical specialty:
- Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease
- Convincing Doctors to Embrace Lifestyle Medicine
- Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment
Unfortunately, much of medical training is substandard when it comes to nutrition:
- Doctors Know Less than They Think About Nutrition
- Medical School Nutrition Training
- Nutrition Education Mandate Introduced For Doctors
- Medical Associations Oppose Bill to Mandate Nutrition Training
- California Medical Association Tries to Kill Nutrition Bill
- Nutrition Bill Doctored in the California Senate
But Is Vegan Food Always Healthy? Watch the video to find out.
2023 Update: In my video The Negative Effects and Benefits of Plant-Based Diets, I talk about studies comparing medical costs of vegetarians and non-vegetarians.