Why does the meat industry add salt to its products when millions of lives are at stake?
You can rejuvenate your taste buds if you cut down on foods with added salt, sugar, and fat. Check out my video Changing Our Taste Buds.
Did I say meat glue? If you’ve never heard of it, see my video Is Meat Glue Safe?.
The meat industry’s reaction to salt reminds me of its response to the classification of processed meat as a known human carcinogen. See Meat Industry Reaction to New Cancer Guidelines and The Palatability of Cancer Prevention.
Isn’t there controversy as to how bad salt really is for you? Decide for yourself with the science:
- High Blood Pressure May Be a Choice
- Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt
- The Evidence That Salt Raises Blood Pressure
- Sodium Skeptics Try to Shake Up the Salt Debate
- Shaking the Salt Habit
- Sodium and Arterial Function: A-salting Our Endothelium
2022 Update – I just added a few new videos about a salt substitute:
- Fewer Than 1 in 5,000 Meet Sodium and Potassium Recommended Intakes
- Are Potassium Chloride Salt Substitutes Effective?
- Potassium Chloride Salt Substitute Side Effects