Opiate-like casomorphins liberated from the cow’s milk protein, casein, are accused of participating in the cause of such conditions as autism, crib death, type I diabetes, postpartum psychosis, circulatory disorders, and food allergies.
Be sure to check out the final two videos in this series: Cow’s Milk-Induced Infant Apnea and
Cow’s Milk Casomorphin and Crib Death. Breast is always best, but the breast milk of women eating plant-based diets may not only exclude bovine casomorphins, but contain lower levels of industrial pollutants like dioxins; see Flame Retardant Chemical Contamination.
For other effects animal products may have on healthy development, see Dairy & Sexual Precocity, and Protein & Puberty. No wonder Dr. Spock, the most esteemed pediatrician of all time, recommended children be raised without exposure to meat and dairy (see Doctors’ Nutritional Ignorance).
2018 Update: I have added several new videos on autism. Here are some of them, but check the autism topic page for all of the latest:
- Fever Benefits for Autism in a Food
- Fighting Autism Brain Inflammation with Food
- Best Foods for Autism
- Autism & Casein from Cow’s Milk
- Does A2 Milk Carry Less Autism Risk?
- Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diets for Autism Put to the Test
- Are Autism Diet Benefits Just a Placebo Effect?
- Double-Blind Clinical Trial of Diet for Autism
- Pros and Cons of Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diets for Autism
If you haven’t yet, you can subscribe to my videos for free by clicking here.